Chris, Emily, and Hadley Evans

Chris, Emily, and Hadley Evans

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Quick Trip to Utah for Aunt Della

My sweet Great Aunt Della passed away last week and Hadley and I had to take a quick last minute trip up to Utah to be there for her funeral. My Aunt Della was so similar to my Grandma Davis, and I felt like I owed it to her and my grandma to be there to sing for her funeral. I couldn't be at Grandma's funeral since I was performing on a cruise ship at the time, and I thought Aunt Della was the next closest thing. Lexi was in Florida, so Jessica, Boo and I sang "I Know My Redeemer Lives", and Jessica and I sang "For Good." The funeral was really beautiful and Aunt Della was buried with her wig, fake eyelashes, and exactly the way we all remember her. We know she wouldn't want it any other way. 
While I was in Utah, Hadley and I went to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point with Jessica and Andrew. It was the first time I had been and it was really beautiful. I also got to go to lunch a lot with my sisters, and I even got to catch up with Emily Brewer and Sarah Tingey. It is always so fun to go home for a bit, but we were very happy to be reunited with Chris. 










No comments:

Post a Comment